Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lazy mom quilts…

With the realization that Christmas is really coming on top starting my new job, I spent last week figuring out our gifts for this year. I decided that I would make a lap quilt, specifically a rag quilt with the scraps of Christmas fabric from gifts I had made. Friday I picked up a little more fabric to add to my stash of Christmas scraps. I got a late start yesterday and figured there is no way I would be able to get it done before Christmas, but low and behold two of my sons stepped in to help and at one time both of them were quilting the squares for the rag quilt. Mr. Smee has been sewing squares together all morning and it looks like it will be done by tonight. That is my kind of quilting, it just comes together as I sit and take care of the little ones. I think it’s time to start teaching my up and coming quilter.

From Winks Musings
From Winks Musings

No comments: