Saturday, May 16, 2009

Project Patricia

Project Patricia was started by two women, in February 2008, who wanted to help women and girls in Africa in a practical way by hosting a sewing day. Realizing the possibilities that this practical need could meet as a way to spread the gospel and teach girls about purity. They have teamed up with several missionary groups and organizations that already work in these areas.
Since I already have all the tools and skills needed to make the pads, I have decided to host a sewing day locally later this summer. I am collecting new and used sheets and towels to re-purpose in menstrual pads for women and girls. As soon as I get enough material I will get started.

1 comment:

Moorea said...

This sounds like a great project! What a blessing it will be to the girls.

Love, Moorea