Sunday, January 4, 2009

Realizing...

This will be Captain Hook’s last year at home. I am glad that we didn’t officially start homeschooling until he was 6 as he would be done with school and probably moving out when he turns 18 in less than 3 weeks, but alas we hold his diploma over his head so he won’t be leaving until he starts school in August. He seems ready to make the adjustment from boy to independent man. He has a great plan for getting through school and I am sure as time passes his plans for after school will become more focused. It’s funny that two summers ago he was gone for almost the whole summer and this past summer he was gone for a few weeks and it didn’t really faze me, but this past weekend he was gone and it made it more real – who will help me put pictures on my blog after I tried for 30 minutes. Or what will happen when I want to take a picture of something but his camera is gone. I know these are just things he does for me, but I will miss him as well - even though I know he is ready and at times I am ready for him to go too, as he is just like me and my father. I guess I am also realizing that our life is now here in Tennessee since this is where Captain Hook plans to make his life. I will be Praying that the rest of the children decide to stay in here as well.

No comments: